Cut up
My hair feels tangled and matted,
My hands are covered with glue.
The skin on my fingers are peeling
And its all for the love of you.
My nails are brittle and splitting
And I am spitting feathers!
The obscenities are atrocious
But love our get-togethers’!
There are legs all over the table
And bodies fallen on the floor,
The hours of cutting you out -
You’re going to make a lovely décor!
With all the picking and snipping,
At times they have been ripping.
The arduous amount of sticking
And all the tea I have been sipping!
The antennae where the legs should be,
And legs they were akimbo!
Their balance now so upside-down
Hope to finish this tomorrow
Some are common but not seen many,
Some are even mating!
Some out on a wing and a prayer
And it’s all been very frustrating!
Stuck to where they shouldn’t stick
And I’ve been climbing the walls!
And wondering why the hell
I started it at all…..
Scissors, paper everywhere,
Mess taken over the room.
Take a break and a deep breath -
In a minute I’ll be back to resume.
Over the days for a labour of love,
Tweezers, wire, copied chart.
Love all the browns, greens and blues
Little creatures, close to my heart.
The fifty nine British Butterflies
And their outside wing,
Live on some twigs in my house
So special you beautiful thing.
Copyright Linda Lawrence
31/08/2026
For my dad and all butterfly lovers
No comments:
Post a Comment