Sunday 8 July 2007

Flutter by

My parents no longer with me, I wrote this with them in mind and was over the moon when it got published!
Flutter by

Orange Tip black and white
Tortoiseshell, her colours so bright
Miraculous metamorphosis
A brief moment of freedom will be his.

A Chrysalis clings to a tree-
This life won't last like you or me
Beautiful Peacock puts up a fight
His life taken on his first flight.

Crawly Caterpillar from egg to grub,
Eating leaves from flower to shrub.
Cabbage white towards extinction
Crops are sprayed for our protection.

Powdery soft wings lightweight
He flies away to find a mate.
Flying low to procreate
Though he'll not know what's in his fate.

Painted Lady flutter by
Gorgeous, fragile Butterfly.
Pity now there are so few

To lighten up my garden hue.

Copyright Linda Lawrence
26th April 2004

No comments: